Harmoney breaks into song
The Harmoney team gathered to sing Making It Happen, a song written specifically for the company. The company’s Fiji team also recorded a version of the song from their Suva office, which was incorporated into the final video.
Harmoney founder Neil Roberts says the idea for celebrating five years in song came from wanting to do something that reflected the company ethos of bringing people together.
“We wanted a way to celebrate our birthday that was a little bit different; that not only celebrated where we’ve come from, but our goal of helping our customers ‘make things happen’ in their own lives.
“It was a way to have some fun as a team, enjoy the fact that we’re going strong after five years and say thanks to our customers who have got us here.
“We have a musical name so celebrating our birthday musically seemed to make sense.”
The first Harmoney loans were funded in New Zealand in September 2014. Since then the company has gone on to help almost 40,000 borrowers with $1.4 billion across 59,000 loans.
The company launched into Australia in 2016 and in the last financial year surpassed $100 million in lending there. In August 2019 Harmoney was named the Best Personal Loan (Risk-Based) at the 2019 Finder Awards in Australia
For queries please contact:
CEO & Managing Director
+61 404 310 364
Harmoney is an online direct personal lender that operates across New Zealand and Australia providing customers with unsecured personal loans that are easy to access, competitively priced (using risk-adjusted interest rates) and accessed 100% online.
Harmoney’s purpose is to help people achieve their goals through financial products that are fair, friendly, and simple to use.
Harmoney’s proprietary digital lending platform, Stellare™, facilitates its personalised loan product with applications processed and loans typically funded within 24 hours of acceptance by the customer. Stellare™ applies a customer’s individual circumstance to its data-driven, machine learning credit scorecard to deliver automated credit decisioning and accurate risk-based pricing.
- Harmoney provides unsecured personal loans of up to $70,000 for three or five year periods to customers across New Zealand and Australia
- Its direct-to-consumer and automated loan approval system is underpinned by Harmoney’s scalable Stellare™ proprietary technology platform
- A significant percentage of Harmoney’s originations are “3R” (repeat) customers, with losses on repeat loans approximately 40% lower than first time loans
- Harmoney is comprised of a team of 69 full-time employees across Australia and New Zealand, over half of whom comprise engineering, data science and product professionals
- Harmoney is funded by a number of sources including two “Big-4” bank warehouse programs across Australia and New Zealand and a facility from M&G Investments