that last a lifetime
Personalised rates from 6.99% ¹
(comparison rate 7.79%) ²
Make your dream day a reality with a wedding loan
We know wedding costs can add up. A wedding expenses loan can help you prepare and reduce stress on your big day.
Get your wedding expenses loan approved well before the big day so you’ll have plenty of time to take care of everything.
We don’t charge ongoing fees, early repayment fees or other unexpected charges, as long as you keep up with your loan repayments.
NO ASSETS NEEDED
All Harmoney personal loans are unsecured so high-value items like a wedding ring or other assets are safe.
What our customers say
Thank for your help Ron. Vic, Australia
Definitely a life saver.
Will recommend this service to everyone.
Simmie Loban Qld, Australia
I Really needed the loan to finish my home
very reliable excellent customer service
i do recommend NSW, Australia
All emails were responded in quick time.
Would recommend Harmony to anyone. , Australia
Following the completion of the documentation, which involved in putting my personal details, Medibank details, Driving License and uploading a copy of my bank statement and specifying the amount I would like to borrow, I received confirmation the next morning that the loan had been approved.
Three days later the funds had been received. It was that quick and that simple.
The rate I got was also very reasonable.
I honestly can not fault this service. It was quick, painless and easy. I was informed all the way and their online account is really easy to navigate and use. I will be using them again and I will be recommending them in the future.
Really please customer Vic, Australia
Simple, 100% online
Step 1. Get to know you
Tell us what you need for your wedding loan, and share the ID and finance documents we need to check.
Step 2. Get your loan terms
You’ll receive your detailed wedding loan quote with your interest rate, limit and repayments.
Step 3. Get your money
After you accept your quote, we’ll need a few more details. Your loan should be funded within 24 hours*.
What we offer
$2K - $50K
3 or 5 years
$275 or $575
Early repayment fee
- All loans are unsecured
- Rates from 6.99% - 25.69% p.a.¹ (comparison rate 7.79% - 26.65% p.a.²)
- Your rate is fixed for the life of the loan
- You can repay weekly, fortnightly or monthly
- Establishment fee of $275 for loans under $5,000 ³
- Establishment fee of $575 for loans $5,000and over ³
- No monthly account keeping fees
Quick wedding loan estimate
Try our personal loan calculator to get an idea of the interest rate and repayments on a wedding expenses loan.
Can anyone apply for a wedding loan?
To apply for a wedding loan in Australia:
- You must be 18 years or older
- You must be an Australian citizen, Permanent Resident or New Zealand citizen
- You must be employed full time or permanent part time
- You need to have photo identification documents such as your passport or driver’s licence handy
- Your credit file must not have any defaults, judgments or bankruptcies recorded
- The minimum loan amount is $5,000
To apply for a wedding loan in New Zealand:
- You must be 18 or older
- You must be a New Zealand citizen or Permanent Resident
- You must be earning a stable income
Your wedding loan application will be fully online. To find out more about what you need to apply, see our guides to getting started.
What can I use a wedding loan for?
Your wedding expenses loan can pay for any costs related to your wedding. This includes the dress, venue hire, transport, catering and anything else, as long as you stay within your loan limit.
Can a wedding loan pay for my honeymoon?
If you have money left over after arranging your big day, you could use this to book some of your honeymoon. But if the main purpose of your loan is to book travel, we recommend a specialised holiday loan.
Can I start paying my loan after the wedding?
Unfortunately, it’s not possible to delay repayments on your loan, which begin as soon as you receive your money. If you want to keep your repayments low, you can choosing a longer term loan, although this will mean paying more in interest overall.
Can I increase my wedding loan?
It’s not always possible to extend a loan that’s already in progress, so you should apply to borrow as much as you think you’ll need. If you’ve been making consistent repayments on a Harmoney loan for 6 months or longer, you may be eligible for a loan top-up that increases the amount you can borrow.
Can I pay back a wedding loan early?
Yes. Harmoney loan terms are for 3 or 5 years, but we encourage borrowers to pay back their loan early if they have the ability. That’s why we don’t charge any early repayment fees.
Making your big day extra special
With a wedding expenses loan, you won’t have to worry about cutting corners.
The interest rate on your wedding loan is determined by your personal credit rating.
NO EARLY REPAYMENT PENALTY
If you can pay back your wedding expenses loan faster, we won’t charge a fee.
100% ONLINE – 24/7
Your application is fully online with no face-to-face meetings.
About wedding loans
With the average wedding cost of $35,000, a wedding loan can go a long way towards covering the expenses.
But it’s important you choose the right loan for your needs so you don’t start your married life worrying about debt. Here are some of the most important points to compare when looking at wedding finance.
Unsecured wedding loan
One thing to look for when you’re comparing personal loans is whether they’re secured or unsecured. An unsecured loan doesn’t require your to put up security for the loan so there is less risk involved for the borrower.
All personal loans on Harmoney are unsecured, including wedding loans.
Secured wedding loan
A secured loan uses an asset (such as a house, car or other expensive item) to give your loan provider security. These loans can offer a lower interest rate, but the costs will be much greater if you miss payments and your assets are sold off to recover the cost.
Harmoney does not offer secured loans.
While everyone wants to get out of debt as soon as possible, keep in mind that a shorter-term loan will cost more each month. This could make a longer-term loan more affordable, even though you’ll pay more in interest in the long run.
A Harmoney wedding expenses loan can have a 3 or 5 year term.
Fixed or variable rate
When you’re comparing interest rates, there’s more to consider than just the number. You should also decide whether a fixed rate or variable rate is better suited to you.
A variable interest rate changes along with the market rate, while a fixed rate is set in stone when you receive your loan quote. Both have their pros and cons, but a fixed rate loan offers more security and this is the type that Harmoney offers for all personal loans.
Got your eye on a dress?
Apply for a wedding loan and make your big day one to remember.
Got life plans?
Harmoney loans can help you achieve the things that matter.
An education expenses loan helps to cover the costs involved in studying, leaving you free to concentrate on your education.
A debt consolidation loan is a personal loan that replaces multiple existing debts, so you’ll only have one monthly repayment to make.
Having your own wheels is a necessity in most parts of the country. An online car loan can fund your new or used vehicle purchase.
If you want to take advantage of travel discounts or book your trip in advance, a holiday loan can give you the money you need now.
Get the financial support you need to start your own business or take it to the next level with a small business loan from Harmoney.
When you’re organising medical care, you don’t want to worry about the cost. A medical expenses loan could help to lighten the load.
Whether you’re planning renovations to add value or enhance comfort in your home, Harmoney can help you to sort out the finance.
Weddings can be expensive, but you won’t have to compromise on your dream day if you qualify for a wedding loan from Harmoney.
We're real people and here if you need us
Terms and conditions
1. Subject to approval and funding. Harmoney’s interest rates range from 6.99% p.a. to 25.69% p.a. (Comparison Rate 7.79% p.a. to 26.65% p.a.) and are offered based on the individual borrower’s credit assessment according to Harmoney’s credit scorecard. In order to be approved and list your loan you must meet Harmoney’s credit criteria and responsible lending requirements. Fees, charges, terms and conditions apply.
2. Comparison rate of 7.79% p.a.to 26.65% p.a.is based on an unsecured personal loan of $50,000 over 5 years. WARNING: The comparison rate applies only to the example given. Different amounts and terms will result in different comparison rates. Costs, fees, government charges like stamp duty, and cost savings are not included in the comparison rate but may influence the cost of the loan.
3. Establishment fee of $275 for loans up to $5,000 and $575 for loans $5,000 and over. Fixed rates range from 6.99% p.a. (Comparison Rate 7.79% p.a.) to 25.69%(Comparison Rate 26.65% p.a.) on 36 to 60 month terms, with no early repayment penalties.
4. To apply you need to be 18 years or older. Be an Australian citizen, Permanent resident or New Zealand citizen. Be a full-time or permanent part-time employed. Have handy your photo ID documents such as Australian drivers licence and passport. Have a clear credit file with no defaults, judgements or bankruptcies. Require a minimum $2,000 loan.