Money when you need it most
Personalised rates from 6.99%¹
(comparison rate 7.79%)²
Help yourself or loved ones with a medical expenses loan
Whether you need help paying a dental bill or a surgery loan, our medical loans are personalised to your needs.
If your medical expenses loan is approved and you accept the loan terms, you should receive your money within 24 hours.
NO HIDDEN COSTS
We’re upfront about costs and fees, so you can rest assured knowing how much your loan will cost.
Our medical expenses loans are unsecured. That means we don’t need you to secure your loan with an asset as collateral.
What our customers say
It is a great efforts got you on the lead .
Thank you very much NSW, Australia
Cannot be faulted
Surprised with attention
Very good Qld, Australia
Easy and smooth customer service, good interest rates and professional organisation. Vic, Australia
Following the completion of the documentation, which involved in putting my personal details, Medibank details, Driving License and uploading a copy of my bank statement and specifying the amount I would like to borrow, I received confirmation the next morning that the loan had been approved.
Three days later the funds had been received. It was that quick and that simple.
The rate I got was also very reasonable.
I honestly can not fault this service. It was quick, painless and easy. I was informed all the way and their online account is really easy to navigate and use. I will be using them again and I will be recommending them in the future.
Really please customer Vic, Australia
Simple, 100% online
Step 1. Get to know you
Tell us how much you need for medical expenses. We also need to confirm your details and your finances.
Step 2. Get your loan terms
You’ll receive a quote for your medical expenses loan that includes all the details.
Step 3. Get your money
Send some final details after accepting the quote and your money will normally arrive within 24 hours.
What we offer
$2K - $50K
3 or 5 years
$275 or $575
Early repayment fee
- All loans are unsecured
- Rates from 6.99% - 25.69% p.a.¹ (comparison rate 7.79% - 26.65% p.a.²)
- Your rate is fixed for the life of the loan
- You can repay weekly, fortnightly or monthly
- Establishment fee of $275 for loans under $5,000 ³
- Establishment fee of $575 for loans $5,000and over ³
- No monthly account keeping fees
Quick medical loan estimate
Try our loan calculator for an idea of the interest and repayments you could pay on a medical or surgery loan.
Can anyone apply for a medical expenses loan?
To be eligible to apply for a medical loan in Australia, you should:
- Be aged 18 or older
- Be an Australian citizen or Permanent Resident or a New Zealand citizen
- Show proof of full-time or permanent part-time employment
- Show proof of identity, such as a passport or Australian driver’s licence
- Have a clear credit file without any defaults, judgments or bankruptcies
- Need to borrow at least $2,000 with your loan
To be eligible to apply for a medical loan in New Zealand, you should:
- Be aged 18 or older
- Be a New Zealand citizen or Permanent Resident
- Have a stable income
The conditions for medical expenses loans on Harmoney are the same as for most of our personal loans. We’ll tell you what documents you need to provide during your simple online application.
What can I use a medical loan for?
A medical expenses loan can help to cover your medical bills as well as other costs related to your treatment and recovery, from medication to travel, or living costs if you’re taking time off work.
Medical loans from Harmoney aren’t tied to a specific health issue or health care provider, so you can borrow money for a dental loan, cosmetic surgery loan or any other purpose.
Can I combine my loan with my health insurance?
If you can use your health insurance to pay some of your medical expenses, that could mean you don’t need to borrow as much on a loan, which will make repayment easier. Check with your health fund provider if you’re not sure what’s covered.
Do I need to use a certain health provider?
No, Harmoney medical loans are not tied to any specific medical provider or insurer. You’re free to use any private or public health service you choose, just let us know your plans when you apply for your loan.
Can I increase an existing loan?
If you need more money, you might be able to top up an existing Harmoney loan (if you’ve been making repayments for 6 months already) or you might consider a refinancing option such as debt consolidation.
Read our Top Up guide to find out if you’re eligible.
What happens if I there are changes to my financial circumstances?
If you’re finding it challenging to keep up with your repayments as planned, due to illness, loss of employment or other circumstances, talk to us. There are options and you may qualify for unforeseen hardship. The key thing is to get in touch early so we can work through it together.
Don’t let money be a worry
With a medical expenses loan covering costs, you can concentrate on recovery.
100% ONLINE – 24/7
Our online application process can be completed in minutes.
NO EARLY REPAYMENT PENALTY
If you’re able to pay back your medical loan early, there are no extra fees.
Your individual interest rate is worked out based on your credit assessment.
About medical expenses loans
Whether a medical emergency’s come out of the blue or there’s a treatment you don’t want to delay, a medical expenses loan can be a valuable lifeline.
When you’re comparing medical loans, you need to be sure that the one you choose suits your circumstances and covers everything you need it to, which could be more than medical bills alone.
One important distinction between loans is whether they’re secured or unsecured.
Unsecured medical loan
An unsecured loan is not protected by an underlying asset. This means that you won’t have to put forward some of your own property (such as a house, car or expensive jewellery) to secure the loan, and risk losing it if you’re unable to pay your loan back as agreed.
Like all our personal loans, Harmoney medical expenses loans are unsecured.
Secured medical loan
A secured loan is protected by an underlying asset. Advantages of secured loans is that they can sometimes have lower requirements or a slightly lower interest rate, but this must be weighed against the risk of losing your property.
Harmoney does not offer secured loans.
Medical payment plans
Many health providers offer payment plans through a third-party finance company. These are usually instalment plans that can help you avoid paying out-of-pocket medical expenses on the day by making regular payments until your bill is settled. Unlike a personal loan, these payment plans only cover your medical fees and don’t extend to other expenses you may need help with.
Specialised medical loan
Some providers offer financing related to a specific service, such as a surgery loan, dental loan or cosmetic surgery loan. While these loans are designed for the specific needs of people choosing these treatments, they’re usually secured by an asset and may have less favourable terms than a personal loan.
Fixed and variable rates
Another important point to compare if you want to avoid surprises on your loan is whether it has a fixed or variable interest rate. A fixed rate, as the name suggests, remains the same all through your loan, so your repayments won’t increase. However, a variable rate may rise or fall based on market forces.
A fixed rate loan is the best choice if you want to know exactly how much to budget for every month and avoid the gamble of variable interest. All Harmoney loans have a fixed interest rate.
We’re here to help
Apply for a medical expenses loan online and get the care you need.
Make it happen today
Harmoney has a loan for almost any need. Here are some of our most popular loans.
From textbooks to accommodation, the costs of studying add up. Find out how an online education loan with Harmoney could help.
If you’re struggling to keep on top of loan and credit card payments, consolidating your debt can make things easier. Find out more.
Flights, hotels, tours and other travel costs can add up. If you need some help, a holiday loan could make your trip more affordable.
An online car loan can often work out cheaper than car finance with a dealership. Harmoney car loans can be used for many types of vehicles.
From hospitalisations to dental care and cosmetic treatments, a medical expenses loan can help you pay for a wide range of services.
Whether you’re planning an extension, a swimming pool or energy-efficient upgrades, a renovation loan makes it easier to get started.
From the dress to the venue and the catering, wedding costs can quickly add up. A wedding loan could help you cover the expenses.
Whether you’re just getting started or expanding your organisation, get help when you need it with Harmoney’s business loans for SMBs.
We're real people and here if you need us
Terms and conditions
1. Subject to approval and funding. Harmoney’s interest rates range from 6.99% p.a. to 25.69% p.a. (Comparison Rate 7.79% p.a. to 26.65% p.a.) and are offered based on the individual borrower’s credit assessment according to Harmoney’s credit scorecard. In order to be approved and list your loan you must meet Harmoney’s credit criteria and responsible lending requirements. Fees, charges, terms and conditions apply.
2. Comparison rate of 7.79% p.a.to 26.65% p.a.is based on an unsecured personal loan of $50,000 over 5 years. WARNING: The comparison rate applies only to the example given. Different amounts and terms will result in different comparison rates. Costs, fees, government charges like stamp duty, and cost savings are not included in the comparison rate but may influence the cost of the loan.
3. Establishment fee of $275 for loans up to $5,000 and $575 for loans $5,000 and over. Fixed rates range from 6.99% p.a. (Comparison Rate 7.79% p.a.) to 25.69%(Comparison Rate 26.65% p.a.) on 36 to 60 month terms, with no early repayment penalties.
4. To apply you need to be 18 years or older. Be an Australian citizen, Permanent resident or New Zealand citizen. Be a full-time or permanent part-time employed. Have handy your photo ID documents such as Australian drivers licence and passport. Have a clear credit file with no defaults, judgements or bankruptcies. Require a minimum $2,000 loan.