Let’s get you moving. Faster.
Personalised rates from 6.99%¹
(comparison rate 7.79%)²
Get behind the wheel with a fast, hassle-free car loan
Found the car or vehicle you always wanted, or just looking? Take control with a loan personalised to your needs.
CASH BUYER CONFIDENCE
Get your loan approved before you find your perfect car and negotiate with the power of a cash buyer.
Whether you’re after a car, motorcycle, truck or caravan, a vehicle loan with a fixed repayment plan means you don’t have to worry about surprises.
UNSECURED VEHICLE LOAN
All our personal loans are unsecured, so you don’t have to put down your new car or other vehicle as security.
What our customers say
The staff were exceptional NT, Australia
Thanks! Ildiko&Bela Qld, Australia
Simple, 100% online
Step 1: Get to know you
Let’s get you in that new vehicle. First we just need to know some details about you and your finances.
Step 2: Get your offer
Your car loan offer will have detailed but easy-to-understand terms, and customised to your individual needs.
Step 3: Get your money
If you’re happy with your loan terms, we’ll ask you for some final details so we can wrap everything up. Most people get their money within 24 hours.
What we offer
$2K - $50K
3 or 5 years
$275 or $575
Early repayment fee
- All loans are unsecured
- Rates from 6.99% - 25.69% p.a.¹ (comparison rate 7.79% - 26.65% p.a.²)
- Your rate is fixed for the life of the loan
- You can repay weekly, fortnightly or monthly
- Establishment fee of $275 for loans under $5,000 ³
- Establishment fee of $575 for loans $5,000and over ³
- No monthly account keeping fees
Our loans aren’t only fast, they’re fair
Spend more time finding the right car and less time worrying about finance.
A RATE FOR YOU
The interest rate you pay is calculated based on your individual credit assessment.
If you choose to pay off your loan sooner, we won’t charge fees or penalties.
100% ONLINE - 24/7
No queues and no need for any awkward face-to-face meetings.
Can anyone apply for a car or vehicle loan?
In Australia - to apply for a Harmoney loan you need to:
- Be 18 years or older
- Be an Australian citizen, Permanent Resident or New Zealand citizen
- Be full-time or permanent part-time employed
- Have photo ID documents such as an Australian driver’s licence or passport available
- Not have any defaults, judgements or bankruptcies on your credit file
- Require a minimum $2,000 loan
In New Zealand - to apply for a Harmoney loan you need to:
- Be 18 years or older
- Be a New Zealand citizen or Permanent Resident
- Be earning a stable income
The process of applying for a car loan with Harmoney is the same as for most other types of loans and can be completed 100% online.
Do I need to have a deposit before I apply?
No, you can apply to borrow the full amount you need to purchase the vehicle, as well as any related costs such as on-road costs or insurance, if you wish.
We recommend that you only borrow what you need, as if you’ve managed to save some money toward the cost of purchasing a car or vehicle, this could mean you need to borrow less. And the less you borrow, the sooner you can pay off the loan and the less interest you’ll need to pay.
Can I include on-road costs and insurance in my car loan application?
Yes, you can include all costs related to purchasing your new (or used) vehicle.
What type of vehicle can a car loan be used for?
You can apply for a loan to purchase any type of vehicle, including a motorhome, off-road vehicle, motorcycle or electric bike, as long as the purchase itself is legal.
Can I use the loan to buy a car or vehicle privately?
Yes. You can use your personal loan to purchase a car or just about any type of vehicle privately, be that at a car fair, online car dealer, auction site or even a build-your-own kit set car. How you achieve your goal of acquiring the vehicle is up to you, so as long as it’s legal.
Can I use a Harmoney loan to pay off my loan from the car dealer?
A Harmoney car or vehicle loan is for people who are planning to purchase but haven’t done so yet. If you’ve already used finance to purchase a vehicle, there could still be options to help you – such as a Harmoney debt consolidation loan to refinance your car loan.
Get moving today
Apply for a vehicle loan and take control of your car financing.
About car and vehicle loans
A car loan is a personal loan you can use to purchase a car or other type of vehicle. While many car loans have features in common, it’s important to know the differences so you can make sure you choose the right loan for your needs.
Unsecured car loan
With an unsecured car loan, the lender doesn’t use the vehicle (or any other asset) as security for the loan.
All car loans and other personal loans offered by Harmoney are unsecured.
Secured car loan
With a secured car loan, the car or vehicle purchased (or sometimes another asset like a property) is required as security for the loan. This asset can then be repossessed by the lender if the loan goes into default (isn’t repaid), so the lender can recover their money.
Harmoney does not offer secured loans.
Car finance offered by dealerships and other sellers is simply another term for a personal loan that’s used to fund a car purchase. Like any personal loan, car finance offered by a car yard needs to be carefully considered so you know what you’re getting into.
You should ask questions such as: Is the loan secured or unsecured? What are the fees and are they reasonable? What are the monthly repayments and the loan term? Is the interest rate fair?
If you find yourself in a car finance deal that you’re not comfortable with, you could be better off refinancing your existing car loan for something more suitable. Find out how a Harmoney debt consolidation loan could help.
A car lease is different from a car loan and is a common alternative. Rather than borrowing money to purchase a vehicle, a car lease arrangement is more like borrowing the car itself.
The person leasing enters into an agreement (usually with a leasing company) to have use of the car for a period of time (e.g. 3 years) and makes regular payments over that time. At the end of the lease term, the car is returned to the leasing company and the arrangement ends.
Sometimes, the person leasing the vehicle is able to purchase it from the company for a reduced or negotiated price, or they may choose to enter a new leasing arrangement for another (usually newer) car.
Car leases are common in business, as they can offer certain tax benefits that make leasing cost-effective.
Types of personal loans
If you have a goal in mind, we can help you achieve it.
From college fees to books and equipment, get help financing your personal development with an education costs loan from Harmoney.
If you’re struggling to manage multiple loans, credit cards or other debt, combining them in a consolidation loan could help.
Whether it’s a new or used car, ute, motorbike or other vehicle, a vehicle loan lets you negotiate with the power of a cash buyer.
Get help financing your getaway with a holiday loan that covers airfare, hotels, car rental, food and drink and unforgettable experiences.
Whether you’re starting a new business or need help with cash flow or investments, a small business loan can be a useful lifeline.
If you have a medical emergency or need help with hospital bills, a medical loan can reduce financial stress so you can concentrate on recovery.
Whatever renovations you’re planning, a home improvements loan can give you the quick cash you need to make your vision a reality.
You don’t have to let finances hold back your dream wedding when you take out a personal loan to fund your big day.
We're real people and here if you need us
Terms and conditions
1. Subject to approval and funding. Harmoney’s interest rates range from 6.99% p.a. to 25.69% p.a. (Comparison Rate 7.79% p.a. to 26.65% p.a.) and are offered based on the individual borrower’s credit assessment according to Harmoney’s credit scorecard. In order to be approved and list your loan you must meet Harmoney’s credit criteria and responsible lending requirements. Fees, charges, terms and conditions apply.
2. Comparison rate of 7.79% p.a.to 26.65% p.a.is based on an unsecured personal loan of $50,000 over 5 years. WARNING: The comparison rate applies only to the example given. Different amounts and terms will result in different comparison rates. Costs, fees, government charges like stamp duty, and cost savings are not included in the comparison rate but may influence the cost of the loan.
3. Establishment fee of $275 for loans up to $5,000 and $575 for loans $5,000 and over. Fixed rates range from 6.99% p.a. (Comparison Rate 7.79% p.a.) to 25.69%(Comparison Rate 26.65% p.a.) on 36 to 60 month terms, with no early repayment penalties.
4. To apply you need to be 18 years or older. Be an Australian citizen, Permanent resident or New Zealand citizen. Be a full-time or permanent part-time employed. Have handy your photo ID documents such as Australian drivers licence and passport. Have a clear credit file with no defaults, judgements or bankruptcies. Require a minimum $2,000 loan.