Supporting our customers
COVID-19 (Coronavirus) latest updates
The following information is current as at TUESDAY 31 MARCH 2020. We will update this page with any new developments.
Harmoney is adapting rapidly as the impact of COVID-19 evolves. Our staff are set up and working remotely, and we are continually monitoring the latest information from the government. We are making changes to help customers.
Please note: We are experiencing higher than normal volumes to our customer service team. We ask for your patience as they work hard to respond to all customer enquiries as quickly as possible during this uncertain and quickly changing time.
New Loan Applicants
Harmoney offers a completely online loan quote and application process. As we do not require face-to-face meetings with customers, we don’t anticipate any major disruption to this service. However, some applicants may experience short delays as we adjust to changing credit requirements, but we expect these to be minimal.
If your circumstances change in the coming weeks and you are concerned you may not be able to make a repayment, or you are experiencing unforeseen hardship, please contact our customer service team as soon as possible on 1300 042 766, Monday to Sunday 9am-6pm.
Read more about Unforeseen Hardship.
Government Support Package
There are a number of Australian websites where you can find details about financial assistance that you may be eligible for.
- Treasury.gov.au and Australian Government Services have updates about assistance from the federal government
- The Department of Social Services and Department of Veteran Affairs also have information on what assistance is available and how to apply.
- MoneySmart has advice on assistance available as well as advice on budgeting and managing your money in the current environment.
- The Australian Banking Association has information on relief available to small businesses
- State governments also have set up information pages relevant to your local area:
Some of the financial assistance you may be eligible for:
- Eligibility for some income support payments has been expanded, including those required to care for someone affected by Coronavirus as well as sole traders, contract workers, the self-employed and casual workers.
- A new Coronavirus supplement of $550 per fortnight, to those receiving certain existing benefits; and two payments of $750 to support households receiving income support. Find out more at the Australian Government service website.
- People affected by Coronavirus can access up to $10,000 of their superannuation in 2019/20 and another $10,000 in 2020/21.
- The minimum drawdown on retirees’ account-based pensions will be reduced through this financial year and next.
- Some banks are offering customers a six month deferring of home loan payments. Contact your bank.
Small business, sole traders and contractors
- A Government SME Guarantee Scheme will guarantee 50% of a loan to eligible small businesses (with turnover of less than $50m), No repayments would be due for six months. Contact your bank or treasury.gov.au for details.
- Eligible businesses may receive a tax-free cashflow boost of between $10,000 and $50,000.
Health and safety
Harmoney is following all Government guidelines, and the majority of our staff are currently working remotely.
If you have any other queries about if, or how, current events may impact your loan, or general loan enquiries, please contact our Customer Service team on 1300 042 766 Monday to Sunday 9am-6pm.