Harmoney's Marketplace hits $500,000,000
Auckland, 23 June 2017
Peer-to-peer lending marketplace Harmoney announced today that $500,000,000 in lending has been transacted through the platform in just under three years of operation. 30,000 Kiwis have made the choice to join the Harmoney community with additional support from two challenger NZ owned banks TSB and Heartland.
Our Lenders and Borrowers are everyday New Zealanders, from all walks of life, who have truly embraced the sharing economy and New Zealand’s lend a hand attitude by switching to Harmoney, New Zealand’s first online peer-to-peer lending marketplace.
Half a billion well lent
Kiwis have borrowed for all sorts of reasons;
- 12,000 to pay off debt, mainly expensive Credit Card debt
- 4,000 have completed home improvements and renovations
- 3,000 have taken a special trip or holiday
- Almost 2,000 have upgraded their car and;
- 10,000 have borrowed for a vast array of other reasons, from dream weddings, book publishing to achieving their dreams at the Paralympics.
Using tech to create online marketplaces
New Zealander’s have made P2P marketplaces second nature to their daily life for some time now, adopting services such as UBER, Airbnb and Airtasker and enjoying better value all round.
Launched in September 2014, Harmoney has reached the half a billion milestone in June 2017 maintaining its position as one of Australasia’s largest P2P lender.
And the results speak for themselves. New Zealanders have been quick to adopt to this new and innovative way to borrow and lend and their support means that the Harmoney platform is the busiest marketplace for consumer lending in Australasia!
Investing in New Zealanders
Neil Roberts Joint CEO of Harmoney says it has been very rewarding watching Kiwis embrace the marketplace “The growth has been fantastic, but the passion that comes from our community and their continued support for Harmoney is perhaps the most rewarding of all.”
Harmoney looks forward to celebrating its third birthday in September this year with exciting innovation and new products in the wings!
Want to share this infographic?
Copy and paste the below code to your website:
<a href="https://www.harmoney.co.nz/about-us/press-releases/harmoney-peer-to-peer-marketplace-hits-five-million"><img src="https://www.harmoney.co.nz/assets/Graphics/Harmoney-peer-to-peer-lending-the-Kiwi-way.png" alt="Harmoney Peer-to-Peer Lending the Kiwi Way"></a><br/>Source:<a href="https://www.harmoney.co.nz/about-us/press-releases/harmoney-peer-to-peer-marketplace-hits-five-million">Harmoney Peer-to-Peer Lending the Kiwi Way</a><textarea rows="6" cols="60" class="form-control"><a href="https://www.harmoney.co.nz/about-us/press-releases/harmoney-peer-to-peer-marketplace-hits-five-million"></a>
For queries please contact:
CEO & Managing Director
+61 404 310 364
Harmoney is an online direct personal lender that operates across New Zealand and Australia providing customers with unsecured personal loans that are easy to access, competitively priced (using risk-adjusted interest rates) and accessed 100% online.
Harmoney’s purpose is to help people achieve their goals through financial products that are fair, friendly, and simple to use.
Harmoney’s proprietary digital lending platform, Stellare™, facilitates its personalised loan product with applications processed and loans typically funded within 24 hours of acceptance by the customer. Stellare™ applies a customer’s individual circumstance to its data-driven, machine learning credit scorecard to deliver automated credit decisioning and accurate risk-based pricing.
- Harmoney provides unsecured personal loans of up to $70,000 for three or five year periods to customers across New Zealand and Australia
- Its direct-to-consumer and automated loan approval system is underpinned by Harmoney’s scalable Stellare™ proprietary technology platform
- A significant percentage of Harmoney’s originations are “3R” (repeat) customers, with losses on repeat loans approximately 40% lower than first time loans
- Harmoney is comprised of a team of 69 full-time employees across Australia and New Zealand, over half of whom comprise engineering, data science and product professionals
- Harmoney is funded by a number of sources including two “Big-4” bank warehouse programs across Australia and New Zealand and a facility from M&G Investments